Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What to Expect

I thought it might be nice to fill any readers in on what they can expect from this blog. I once read some advice to decide before you start a blog who your audience will be and what your angle will be. Unfortunately, I don't really know either. I know my friends and family will check in every once in a while to see what I'm up to, and so will my school counseling grad school friends. I'm thinking some other school counselors and some of my colleagues will be checking it out too, so I have kind of a broad range of people with different goals and needs.

I guess my audience will be those with an interest in elementary school counseling -- friends and family will be interested in seeing exactly what an elementary school counselor does and encouraging me when I need it; school counseling grad school friends will benefit from job search tips and ideas for activities (and hopefully contribute their ideas/solutions to problems I might come up against); veteran school counselors may enjoy giving me some advice; and colleagues can discuss success of activities I've used/suggestions for future improvements, and get a better idea for the services I can provide. And I think everyone will be able to enjoy little anecdotes and amusing one-liners from my students that I hope to include.

If anyone has any suggestions for me about the blog, I'd love to hear them. For now, we'll just see where it takes me! To hold you over, check out the Wordle I made for my office door (just one tip for Wordles, if you want two words to stay together (i.e. Miss Wheeler), use a ~ between the words (i.e. Miss~Wheeler) when you input your words):



No comments:

Post a Comment